Back to Top
 

Stories of Stoneguard

Realm of Strife™ > Creation Mythos > Stories of Stoneguard

Battle 1: Scarecrows

CLASS:Wood/Clay GolemHP:MOVEMENT:3HP:8+2d10
TYPE:Medium BipedEXP:17AC:0
BONUSESHIT/CAST% CRITDAMAGERESISTANCES
MELEE:-42%1ARCANE:0
RANGED:-52%n/aELEMENTAL:0
SPIRIT:1%n/aNATURAL:0
FAITH:0%n/aHOLY:0
xDEMONIC:0
ARMOR0ABILTIES
LEGS:0STRENGTH:16
CHEST:AGILITY:6
SHOULDERS:STAMINA:16
FEET:INTELLECT:3
HANDS:WISDOM:0
ARMS:DODGE:0
BACK:SIGHT:5
HEAD:HEARING:3
NECK/TRINKET:INITIATIVE:3
OTHER ARMOR:CHARM:0
WEAPONS:scythe 1d10+2
SPECIALS:Immune to Faith powers, double damage from Fire(wood)
50% Absorption, except cleaving weapons(wood)
Defeat 4rake 2d4+2
shovel 1d6+1d4
hoe 1d8+1
As You are all walking back to town together after a hard days work. You all of a sudden notice the early
evening light is fading to complete darkness. In less than five seconds there is no light at all.
In what seems like the next moment you all see you are in a newly ploughed field at midday light.
still unsure of what just transpired you look about you, only to see a finely dressed young man. Looking
at your group quizzically, he takes a long sniff in the air. Gently smileing with wide eyes he points in
your direction. From the edge of the field then walk in four large scarecrows, armed with field tools.
As each scarecrow falls to defeat. The scene distorts for a moment. Like a drop of water in a clear pool
the picture ripples. With each consecutive death blow the rippeles get larger and more frequent.
Until the scene is gone entirely.
stamina test at second and third death.

Battle 2: Dwarves

CLASS:Full BeardHP:21+3d12MOVEMENT:3
TYPE:Clansman (lvl3)EXP:14AC:64
BONUSESHIT/CAST% CRITDAMAGERESISTANCES
MELEE:03%1ARCANE:8
RANGED:-13%n/aELEMENTAL:18
SPIRIT:3%n/aNATURAL:8
FAITH:4%n/aHOLY:13
DEMONIC:13
ARMOR763ABILTIES
LEGS:Chainmail Leggings (-1 dodge)12STRENGTH:15
CHEST:Chainmail Hauberk (-1 dodge)13AGILITY:10
SHOULDERS:Battleplate Spaulders (-2 dodge, -0.5 move)10STAMINA:14
FEET:Mail Wrapped Boots (-1 dodge)6INTELLECT:9
HANDS:Chain Gloves (-0.5 dodge)6WISDOM:11
ARMS:Plate Bracers (-1 dodge)6DODGE:8
BACK:0SIGHT:9
HEAD:Plate Skullcap (-1 dodge)10HEARING:11
NECK/TRINKET:0INITIATIVE:10
OTHER ARMOR:0CHARM:9
WEAPONS:military pick 1d10+1 5% (-10ap)w/ Targe 1d4 20% block
war crossbows 1d12+2 (-10 armor piercing)
SPECIALS:Cleaving Strike (axes) x2: -25 enemy armor for a single attack
Guard Break (bludgeons) x2: cancels any parry, block, ward-off
EXTRA:When in formation Clansmen are immune to the first panic test they must take
Infravision
DROPS:1d8+1 GP
Defeat 3
The ripples now fade and a new picture is thrown in front of you.
You begin to see a bloody and torn field littered with bodies. Dark tanned Men armed with scimitars
and animals of all kinds. After the quick survey they notice this battle recently fought is not yet
finished On the other end of the clearing sits a small crudely built shed. Five of the dark men are
struggling with what seems to be two children. Binding their hands and tossing them into the old shed
like sacks of potatoes. Hannes’ character notices this and immediately is blood begins to boil with
righteous fury! Before a step can be taken or a word of disapproval spoken, an arrow lands at their feet.
“The Dwarves are for the Dwarves!”
“The Lion may have sent more reinforcement but we don’t want either of you to win!”
A second look in the direction of the shed shows a small skirmish of a single man, a unicorn, several dogs
and a falcon fighting the dark men hoping to rescue the children.
“Hurry before they Join The King!”
Another volley is shot, now aimed to kill!
after each Dwarf is killed you hear an audible crack like wook splintering and see cracks in your vision
the picture is breaking to darkness.
Intellect test after the second dies

Battle 3: Patriot

CLASS:Infantry/BowmenHP:MOVEMENT:4CLASS:BowmenHP:MOVEMENT:4
TYPE:Sergeant (lvl5)EXP:20AC:45TYPE:Crossbowmen (lvl2)EXP:7AC:37
BONUSESHIT/CAST% CRITDAMAGERESISTANCESBONUSESHIT/CAST% CRITDAMAGERESISTANCES
MELEE:03%ARCANE:13MELEE:03%ARCANE:10
RANGED:03%n/aELEMENTAL:13RANGED:03%n/aELEMENTAL:10
SPIRIT:x4%n/aNATURAL:13SPIRIT:3%n/aNATURAL:10
FAITH:x4%n/aHOLY:15FAITH:3%n/aHOLY:10
DEMONIC:15DEMONIC:10
ARMOR35ABILTIESARMOR128ABILTIES
LEGS:** armed same as or slightly better than their squadronSTRENGTH:13LEGS:Canvas Trousers3STRENGTH:10
CHEST:AGILITY:10CHEST:Leather Jerkin7AGILITY:10
SHOULDERS:STAMINA:10SHOULDERS:Linen Coat/Robe/Tabard1STAMINA:10
FEET:INTELLECT:11FEET:Sandals/Clogs1INTELLECT:10
HANDS:WISDOM:12HANDS:Leather Gloves4WISDOM:10
ARMS:DODGE:10ARMS:Cloth Bracers2DODGE:10
BACK:SIGHT:10BACK:0SIGHT:10
HEAD:HEARING:10HEAD:Plate Skullcap (-1 dodge)10HEARING:10
NECK/TRINKET:INITIATIVE:11NECK/TRINKET:0INITIATIVE:10
OTHER ARMOR:CHARM:11OTHER ARMOR:0CHARM:10
WEAPONS:sabre 2d6 (12%parry) Pistol 1d6 (-10ap) one hand EORWEAPONS:sabre 2d6 (12%parry) rifle 2d6 no dodge (-10 ap) reload EOR
medium sword or bludgeon as back up melee weapon
SPECIALS:Oath of Purpose, effects only units they are directly leadingDefeat 5
Hawk Strike x1 (infantry only)
EXTRA:Commands a squadron of men (10 men of the same type)HP: 10+2d10
Defeat 1HP:25+5d10
“aim small miss small” a small voice can be heard
On the steep hill in side the tree line from the road you notice a lone man hurriedly running this way and that leaning something on a tree
or at the base a large rock. Trying desperately not to be seen or heard. At the same moment a procession of walking soldiers and a cart
of supplies. As they reach the centre of the road way you hear a loud KRAKKOOM! And the lead soldier falls dead. Another loud crack,
a second soldier slumps over. “ready to attack men” “steady. Aim. Fire.” several sots go off. *Dice roll for who is hit* you now see a
bloody and beaten young man tied to the rear of the cart. “Father Help!” He cries.
each fallen soldier precedes their vision clouded with smoke at the third take a sight test.

Battle 4: Jaberwoke

CLASS:DragonHP:MOVEMENT:8HP:170+50d6
TYPE:Drake (lvl10)EXP:100AC:77
BONUSESHIT/CAST% CRITDAMAGERESISTANCES
MELEE:76%2ARCANE:20
RANGED:24%n/aELEMENTAL:20
SPIRIT:155%n/aNATURAL:20
FAITH:4%n/aHOLY:15
DEMONIC:15
ARMOR64ABILTIES
LEGS:Hardened Scales8STRENGTH:18
CHEST:Hardened Scales8AGILITY:17
SHOULDERS:Hardened Scales8STAMINA:17
FEET:Hardened Scales8INTELLECT:14
HANDS:Hardened Scales8WISDOM:12
ARMS:Hardened Scales8DODGE:13
BACK:Hardened Scales8SIGHT:12
HEAD:Hardened Scales8SMELL:14
NECK/TRINKET:INITIATIVE:13
OTHER ARMOR:CHARM:14
WEAPONS:Bite (4d6) Claw x2 (1d12)
Tailswipe (hits all in rear arc, knockback 4″, 2d8)
OTHER EQUIPMENT:Breath: Fire (action, template, 1d20+4dam plus 1d8 dam for 3 turns in target area,
auto hit, partially covered targets may take a dodge test to roll out of the way)
EXTRA:Can speak to mortals
Can fly at double speed
through the dissipating smoke in your eyes you see a a small white rabbit. Unexpectedly everyone
can hear the rabbit muttering to him self as he hurries past the group.
I’m late! I’m late! For a very important Date! No time to say HelloGoodbye! I’m very very late!
Almost before the rabbit can finish his speech, with an intensity that you would think the whole
continent could hear came the sound of
“JIBBERWOKKKKKK!!!” and a massive explosion!
a bright red Flame shoots through the sky. And through it comes a Dragon!
a Bright Green body with a long slender neck carrying razor sharp teeth now fills the sky!
x
after the dragon slumps over dead a large green emerald falls from under one of the dragons scales.
now the picture looking as if the wind was tearing strips of colour from the scene until only black
remained. Now in a heavily wooded area, close by are a large man leaning over the wounded body
of some unknown creature. “What are you?” the man asks. “Your DEATH!”replies the creature while
spitting up a green blood. A slight touch to something on the creatures wrist, He now begins to laugh
a cold maniacal laugh. The large man now seeing you he yells “Run!” “Get out of here!”
after they reach the cliff and jump. The world cracks and shatters like glass. And awake in the Field
now past midnight.

Along the Road:

Nightmares and Daydreams:

Graveyard Shift:

What Lies Below:

Pub Problems:

Journey/Lost in the Woods:

Friends and Foes:

Arrival/Mystery Man/Streetside Strife:

Fire and Ice/One Step Forward Two Steps Back:

The Black:

War Part1: